American Airlines Rewards Its Customers with Lucrative Mileage Promotion for 2015
FORT WORTH, Texas, December 15, 2014 – American Airlines will reward its customers with a bonus mile promotion in 2015, making the AAdvantage program the most generous in the industry. The promotion will offer AAdvantage® and Dividend Miles® members more miles based on the distance flown, the fare purchased and the member’s elite status level.
President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program Suzanne Rubin said: “As the largest airline in the world, with a global network that spans 54 countries, our frequent flyer program must also be the best in the business. A mile flown continues to be a mile earned in AAdvantage, and now we’re going to reward customers even more when they purchase a First or Business Class ticket.”
Beginning Jan. 1, American will reward customers that are members of either the AAdvantage or Dividend Miles programs with bonus miles for purchased First or Business Class tickets on all eligible flights marketed or operated by American or US Airways. The promotion applies to all travel between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2015.
Eligible flights for AAdvantage members include all AA and US-marketed and operated flights (including codeshare flights between the two carriers), and AA or US-marketed, partner-operated flights, including British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Japan Airlines and Qantas. Until the company merges the frequent flyer programs in the second quarter 2015, eligible flights for Dividend Miles members will include all AA and US-marketed and operated flights (including codeshare flights between the two carriers).
The airline’s promotion provides bonus miles in addition to base mileage and elite status/class of service bonuses that customers normally earn. The amount of bonus miles earned will depend on the customer’s elite status level and the length of the flight.
Bonus Miles Earned Per Flight Segment
|Cabin||Purchased Fare Class||Long-Haul Flight (>3,000 miles plus JFKLAX & JFKSFO)||Med/Short-Haul Flight (=<3,000 miles)|
|Executive Platinum / Chairman’s Preferred|
|First / Business||F,A,P,C,J,R,D||12,000||1,000|
|AAdvantage Platinum / Gold
Dividend Miles Platinum / Gold / Silver
|First / Business||F,A,P,C,J,R,D||6,000||500|
|First / Business||F,A,P,C,J,R,D||3,000||250|
*Z is only applicable on eligible US Airways-marketed or operated flights.
Registration for the promotion is not necessary, as all bonus miles will be automatically added to members’ accounts after the eligible flight is complete. Additional details about the 2015 AAdvantage bonus mile offer are available at aa.com/moremiles.
As previously announced, also beginning Jan. 1, bonus miles for AAdvantage members on Business Class tickets on American and US Airways will increase from 25 to 50 percent to align with what Dividend Miles members receive today.
Over the past year, American has rolled out enhanced benefits to members flying on either airline, including:
- The opportunity to earn and redeem miles on American or US Airways, with all eligible travel on either airline counting toward elite status qualification in the program of that member’s choice
- Reciprocal benefits for elite status members when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags and priority security and boarding
- More lounge access, with reciprocal club access for Admirals Club® and US Airways Club members
- Easy access to the combined company’s expanded network through the codeshare between American and US Airways, which allows the ability to sell seats on both airlines’ flights
- Bringing US Airways into the award-winning oneworld® alliance, offering more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond
- The ability to easily stay connected while customers fly with Monthly Traveler and Daily Wi-Fi passes, valid on both American and US Airways
Today’s announcement follows American’s decision to invest $2 billion in customer improvements, including:
- New seats from nose to tail on several aircraft types and fully lie-flat seats on all of American’s long-haul, international fleet
- Satellite-based Internet access, providing connectivity for international flights
- A new look and feel to Admirals Club lounges with upgrades to food and furnishings
- Onboard power ports and video screens at every seat on nearly all new delivery aircraft
- Modernized airport experience with improved and updated kiosks to expedite airport check-in
About American Airlines Group
American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL) is the holding company for American Airlines and US Airways. Together with wholly owned and third-party regional carriers operating as American Eagle and US Airways Express, the airlines operate an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to 339 destinations in 54 countries from its hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C. The American Airlines AAdvantage and US Airways Dividend Miles programs allow members to earn miles for travel, vacation packages, car rentals, hotel stays and everyday purchases. Members of both programs can redeem miles for tickets as well as upgrades to First Class and Business Class. In addition, AAdvantage members can redeem miles for vacation packages, car rentals, hotel stays and retail products. American is a founding member of the oneworld alliance, whose members and members-elect serve nearly 1,000 destinations with 14,250 daily flights to 150 countries. Connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir and Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines and follow US Airways on Twitter @USAirways.
SOURCE American Airlines